This creamy pasta dish can be made in 20 minutes. Even the pasta is cooked in the pot.
Since I made the one-pot pasta a few weeks ago, I have been looking for other easy recipes that are sure to be popular with the whole family. This zucchini mushroom pasta is just that.
This recipe does not require any pre-cooking, sautéing, or other preparation. Just throw the pasta, uncooked, into the pot.
Once the pasta is cooked, add a bit of heavy cream or milk to make a creamy, thin sauce. Easy as pie.
Don’t be surprised when people rave about this amazing pasta. Jason declared that this was the most delicious pasta he had ever eaten! I didn’t mention how simple it was. He did the dishes, so it was a fair trade.
- 1 Pound spaghetti
- Cremini mushrooms 1 pound, thinly sliced
- Two zucchinis, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 cup of peas
- Two cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- Thyme 2 sprigs
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Combine spaghetti, mushrooms, and zucchini in a large Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. Add garlic, thyme, and 4 1/2 cups of water. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a rolling boil, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for 8-10 minutes or until the pasta is fully cooked and the liquid has been reduced. Stir in heavy cream and Parmesan.
- Serve immediately