Make this healthy and nutritious recipe at home with mango, bell peppers, edamame, coconut, and sweet mango!
Have you tried Whole Foods’ California Quinoa Salad before? It’s something I have tried a few different times, and now I am making it myself. To my surprise, I found that the homemade version was so much better.
Copycat recipes are great because they allow you to customize the dish according to your tastes. For me, the tropical flavor of this dish was so amazing that I added more mangos and coconut.
This salad is also full of fun treats, from the edamame to the tangy dressing with balsamic and lime. It’s a delicious party in every bite!
This is also incredibly healthy, nutritious, and bikini-friendly. It’s hard to beat!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Zest of two limes
- One mango, diced and peeled
- 1 Red bell pepper diced
- Half a cup of shelled edamame
- Red onion, 1/3 cup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Fresh cilantro leaves chopped into two tablespoons
- Cook quinoa in a large pan with 2 cups of water according to the package directions. Set aside.
- Whisk together the balsamic and lime zest in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine quinoa with mango, bell peppers, edamame beans, red onions, coconut flakes, and raisins in a large bowl. Pour the balsamic mixture over the salad and gently combine.