The copycat recipe you can make at home in 20 minutes. It tastes better than ever!
I love lettuce wraps. Because they are low in carbohydrates, I can eat them without feeling guilty. If it is an exact PF Chang’s replica and can be made within 20 minutes or less – well, that means I will have this five times a week.
I kid you not. It’s the easiest and quickest meal that you can make. If you are short on cooking, you can even have this meal on the table in under 15 minutes. It’s also budget-friendly, and you can easily triple or double the recipe if needed. What else could you want?
- Olive oil one tablespoon
- Ground chicken – 1 pound
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- One onion, diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- Two tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Freshly grated Ginger, 1 Tablespoon
- Optional: 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- Drain and dice 1 (8-ounce can of whole water chestnuts
- Green onions thinly sliced
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- One head of butter lettuce
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the ground chicken to the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes. Crumble it as you cook. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in the garlic, onion, and hoisin sauce. Add rice wine vinegar, Sriracha, Ginger, and soy sauce. Continue stirring until the onions are translucent. This should take about 1-2 minutes.
- Add chestnuts and green onion and stir until they are tender (about 1-2 minutes). Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve by spooning several tablespoons into the middle of a leaf of lettuce, taco style.