A light, healthy, and nutritious salad with the most delicious lemon Dijon dressing!
What better way to start the summer healthy season with this amazing orzo salad as the weather gets warmer?
This isn’t your ordinary pasta salad. This pasta salad is loaded with fresh ingredients, including perfectly seasoned shrimp, crisp, tender asparagus spears, and DeLallo’s SaladSavors.
DeLallo transforms salads into something special with feta and other ingredients. With their Zesty Feta SaladSavors, you can add tangy feta to the mix, along with smoky Kalamata Olives and sweet roasted pepper strips.
To finish, the salad gets tossed with a refreshing but tangy Dijon lemon dressing. The dressing is so delicious it could be served with a spoon. You can also double the recipe to use later. It won’t be wasted!
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- Olive oil one tablespoon
- 8 ounces medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed
- One zucchini, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- Fresh parsley leaves, two tablespoons
For the LEMON DIJON VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice of one lemon
- Dijon Mustard 2 Tbsp
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Half a teaspoon of dried basil
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, apple vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar, basil, and lemon juice.
- Cook pasta in a large pot with salted boiling water according to the package directions. Drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir occasionally while cooking until pink, approximately 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Stir frequently and add the garlic to the pan. Cook for about a minute. Stirring occasionally, add asparagus and zucchini, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add pasta, shrimp, and vinaigrette to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with feta and parsley, as desired.