This super easy, one-pot cheesy spaghetti dish is loaded with tangy BBQ Sauce and crispy bacon. Even the pasta is cooked in the pot.
The last few days have been quite hectic. Butters had a neuter, and Jason had LASIK, so I haven’t had much time to cook. One-pot meals are a godsend. We didn’t have to order mediocre takeout! You can’t go far wrong with bacon, cheese, and BBQ sauce.
This is another super easy one-pot meal – the pasta gets cooked in the pot itself! You can’t get any easier than this. If you prefer to make it vegetarian, leave out the chicken. The chicken isn’t even missed because there are so many other flavors!
- Four slices of bacon diced
- Cut one chicken breast into 1-inch pieces.
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- One onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Can of diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz
- 1/2 cup milk
- You can add more crushed red pepper to your taste. 1/4 teaspoon is enough.
- 3 cups rotini pasta
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Use as much barbecue sauce or 1/4 cup as you like
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a large Dutch oven or stockpot over medium-high heat. Drain excess fat and reserve one tablespoon. Add bacon, and cook for 6-8 minutes until crispy. Stir in the chicken and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until it turns golden.
- Stir frequently, add garlic and onions, and cook until onions are translucent (about 3-4 minutes). Stir in the chicken broth, tomato, milk, red chili flakes, pasta, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a rolling boil, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 13-16 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and barbecue sauce until heated, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately