Miniature food is always better, and these mini salads with crispy bacon bits are the perfect way to serve.
Who doesn’t love a BLT? It’s a BLT with crispy bacon strips, fresh tomatoes, and extra crunchy lettuce. This is so easy to make but so delicious.
I have reimagined this classic favorite in collaboration with Kraft(r) as part of their twist that dish program. I created my unique, fun twist on the traditional BLT, transforming it into these adorable little wedge salads.
These are easy to make and don’t need a lot of ingredients. You only need the classic BLT ingredients: eggs, blue cheese crumbles, and Ranch dressing. You can use these for a quick, easy dinner. Easy as pie.
Now, it’s up to you to share your twist on your favorite dish using Kraft(r) for a chance at winning the grand prize: a complete kitchen makeover. Your entry can be submitted here or on Twitter and Instagram using #KraftTwistsSweeps. Good luck!
- Four large eggs
- 4 slices Oscar Mayer(tm) Bacon, diced
- One head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup KRAFT(r), Classic Ranch Dressing
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Blue cheese crumbles – 1/2 cup
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Cover the eggs with 1 inch of cold water in a large pan. Bring to a rolling boil and simmer for one minute. Cover the eggs with a lid that fits snugly and remove them from heat. Set aside for 8-10 minutes. Drain and cool the eggs before peeling or dicing. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 6-8 minutes until crispy and brown. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels; set aside.
- Each wedge is made by cutting the lettuce in half through the center. Each wedge should be cut in half. Repeat with the remaining lettuce to create 16 wedges.
- Add a topping of Ranch dressing to each wedge, along with tomatoes, blue cheese, and bacon. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Serve immediately