I’ve cut back on my coffee consumption. It’s acidic and makes me feel jittery in my older age.
What is Matcha?
Matcha is a powdered green tea that contains 137 more antioxidants than green tea. The tea plant is the same ( Camellia Sinensis ), but matcha uses the whole leaf. Matcha is rich in antioxidants. We all know that antioxidants are essential because they help fight cancer-causing and free radicals within the body.
Matcha is a traditional Japanese tea ceremony ingredient. In recent years, it has gained popularity in many other countries. It can be found in tea lattes, smoothies, desserts, snacks, and more.
Have you ever tried a Smoothie Bowl? This is a great way to enjoy your smoothie with a spoon rather than slurping down the drink with a straw. You can also add extra nutrients with fruit, seeds, and nuts.
I hope you enjoy my 4–ingredient 5-minute version of the matcha green blender! The banana creates a sweet, creamy base. Coconut milk adds creaminess and compliments the green tea flavor. Matcha powder gives the smoothie an earthy flavor and a lot of health benefits. The pineapple is optional and adds a tartness to the sweetness.
- Two ripe bananas, peeled and sliced (120g each), frozen
- 14 cups ripe pineapple chopped ( optional // frozen works best)
- Light coconut milk (can or carton): 3/4 to 1 cup
- 2 tsp matcha green tea powder (see our Matcha Review!)
- I like to freeze my kale or spinach to make it colder.
- Fresh berries
- Coconut Flake
- Banana slices
- Chia Seeds
- Almonds slivered roasted
- Add spinach, matcha powder, and frozen bananas to a blender. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- You can add as much coconut cream as you like to blend it. This smoothie should be somewhere between drinkable and scoopable.
- Add more banana for sweetness (or maple syrup, stevia, or matcha) or coconut milk to add creaminess. (Adding more matcha powder will increase caffeine, so be careful). Pineapple adds a tart/tangy flavor, so you can add more pineapple if you like.
- Divide the mixture between two bowls and add the desired toppings. I chose fresh raspberries, coconut flakes, and chia seeds. You could also use bananas as a garnish.
- Fresh is best, but leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours.