This light and refreshing salad is loaded with fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and mozzarella. It’s perfect for an appetizer or main course!
This salad was my last effort to “get in shape” before our vacation. It was a good thing that I did not add balsamic vinegar to it, but I should have. You could always go to the resort and work out.
This salad is one of my favorites. It’s loaded with crisp romaine, cherry tomatoes, and provolone cheese, plus fresh avocado, all tossed together in a homemade reduction. This salad is also great with a balsamic dressing. Don’t overdo it on the mozzarella balls – once you’ve thrown them in the sauce, they become completely addictive!
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of brown sugar, packaged
- Olive oil one tablespoon
- Two thinly sliced, boneless, and skinless chicken breasts
- To taste, add Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 6 cups romaine lettuce chopped
- 6 ounces ovaline fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Avocado, half, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chopped
- Add balsamic and brown sugar in a small pan over medium heat to make the balsamic reduce. Bring to a gentle boil, and reduce by about half in 6-8 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet on medium heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, flipping them once. Let cool before dicing into bite-size pieces.
- Place romaine lettuce into a large bowl. Top with the chicken, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, avocado, and basil. Pour the balsamic glaze on top of your salad and gently mix it.
- Serve immediately